Search This Blog

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Rough start

I could not sleep so I didn't turn in till 11 pm, so getting up at 4 am was TOUGH. The front end loading clothes washer is on the fritz. I emptied the washer thinking maybe the weight of the load, heavy towels was the problem. The lint filter was used up, so I took that off.  Draining seemed to be the issue.  I put in some bleach and ran the "Clean Washer" cycle thinking that might resolve it.  Nope.  When I got to work I googled and found dozens of links to do-it-yourselfers who took off the drain catch, and found all manner of things. Chemical handwarmers, hairpins, nails, bullets, foam earplugs, rubber bands.............so it should be interesting.  This was frustrating enough. I wasn't going to make a smoothie but I'd soaked some flaxseeds, so rather than have them go to waste, I fired up the Vitamix.  Julie's making onion bread in the dehydrater, so I'm looking forward to that tonight, but I brought a piece of pork roast with me to work, with an Indian dinner.  So I stumble out of the house frustrated by the washer and mid winter frost is covering all the cars.  Julie's car's dome light was on, and the frost made it appear that the windshield was smashed.  I told myself to take a deep breath. It was just frost, but I started her car to make sure it would start, and turned off the dome light.  Scraping this late in the year is a bit much.

No comments:

Post a Comment