Search This Blog

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Raw Food


As previously blogged. We are going to a raw food restaurant. Julie has been interested in this for what seems like obvious reasons. I'm a type 2 diabetic, and obese, she has a lot of food allergy problems, and some extra weight. So she started researching all these myriad issues and Raw Food movement kept popping up. She got the video from www.treeoflife.com. It featured a group of diabetics who went to Gabriel Cousens retreat in AZ




Some of the claims seem rather fantastic, but I was impressed that no one at TOL sugar coated how hard the program was. Woody Harrelson the actor who is a raw foodie said if you aren't with other devotees, its very difficult to stick with this diet.

So I'm working myself up to try it. I'm currently reading "There Is A Cure for Diabetes: The Tree of Life 21-Day+ Program" There are moments I mutter, "Sha right."
Other's it seems to make sense. It is completely diffent from Richard Bernstein's "Diabetic Solution" Cousens program frowns on consumption of meat, or any animal protein, even for a source of protein. The one good laugh I've had from the 21 day book, Cousens advocates the restricted calorie diet/lifestyle. My laugh was, "well it's easy to eat low calorie diet if everything is cold, there is no fat, and there's no melted cheese....duh."


My goal here is to get off the medical grid, and the Pharmacological merrygo round to oblivion.

Oh THAT, and to be incurably sexy. MEOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment